Cookies are very small text files that are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device when they some websites. Thanks to these cookies, the website can remember the user’s actions and preferences (for example: login information, language of choice, text size, other visual settings, etc.) so they no longer have to indicate them when they return to the website or change pages within the site.
Thus, cookies are used for authentication processing, session monitoring and information storing on the user’s activities when they browse a website. They can contain a unique ID code that enables tracking the user’s browsing experience in the website for statistic and advertising purposes.
When browsing a website, users can also receive cookies from other websites or web servers on their computer or mobile device (called third-party cookies). Some features may not be available without cookies, in these cases, cookies are strictly necessary for the website’s proper functioning.
There are many different types of cookies, categorized according to their functions and features, which may stay on the user’s computer or mobile device for different time periods: session cookies, those cancelled automatically once the browser closes, and persistent cookies, those that stay in the device until the browser deletes them based on the duration period.
Specifically, SPEED di Cassinelli Donatella e C snc uses two types of cookies:
This type of cookie is strictly necessary for the proper functioning of certain sections of the website. Specifically:
- Session cookies (for logging in, making a purchase, etc.),
- Functionality cookies, that allow for the user to browse under a series of chosen criteria (for example: language and products chosen for purchase) enabling us to offer a more refined and enhanced service.
This website uses third-party content (through embedded resource techniques), hence it is possible that other cookies - both technical and for user profiling – are sent by third parties to the user’s device during a visit to the website.
- Google & Youtube (policy)
- Twitter (policy)
- Facebook (policy)
- Google Adwords (policy)
- Google Analytics (policy)
How can I disable cookies?
You can control or delete cookies on your browser’s settings through a simple procedure.
- Open Firefox
- Click the “Alt” key on the keypad
- In the menu at the top of the browser, select ‘Tools’ and then ‘Options’
- Select the ‘Privacy’ panel
- Set ‘Firefox will’: to ‘Use custom settings for history’. Uncheck the box ‘Accept cookies from sites’ and save your preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the ‘Tools’ button and the click ‘Internet Options’
- Click the ‘Privacy’ tab, and then, under ‘Settings’, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies
- Click ‘OK’
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to 'Tools Menu'
- Click on 'Options'
- Click on 'Under the Hood'
- Under 'Privacy' section select "Show Cookies'
- A new window should open called 'Cookies'. In here you can see all the cookies within your Google Chrome Browser, select or deselect them and save your preferences
- Open Safari
- In the ‘Tools Menu’, click on ‘Preferences’ and then click ‘Privacy’
- In the ‘Allow Cookies’ section you choose if an when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information click on the ‘Help’ button
- For more information on cookies stored in your computer, click on ‘Show Cookies’